‘Tis the time of the year to share….
Dear Outreach Friends, Happy Thanksgiving! You are among the many blessings for which I am very grateful. It’s hard to believe Regifting Store time is here again. This is such a joyous event thanks to your efforts & generosity. There are many ways to participate in this and other Outreach efforts this Christmas…
1. VOLUNTEER: Friday, December 11 – Unloading Trucks from 3 – 7 pm: This is a huge job but with enough helpers it can be finished in a couple of hours. It’s a great family service project for ages 10 & up. Be sure to dress for the weather with gloves, jackets, & comfortable shoes. And be prepared for AMAZEMENT at the treasure trove of gifts! Saturday, December 12 – Regifting Store Event from 9:30 – 1:30 or 1:15 – 5:15 Families with kids 7th grade & up are welcome on this day. Lots of hard work, but a joyous day for all. To sign up for either of these Regifting Store volunteer days, click the link at the bottom of this page.
2. DIG FOR TREASURE: Clean out your closets, basements, and cabinets! Donation weekend is December 5-6. The flyer with donation times & ideas is attached. We don’t have a formal sign up for volunteering that weekend, but It gets especially busy before & after each Mass if you want to stop by & help. Be sure to dress for the weather.
3. PURCHASE NEW GIFTS: In addition to the many wonderful “nearly new” donations, families will choose at least one new gift for each registered child under age18, plus stocking stuffers. We’ll be purchasing gifts as needed to fill in the gaps once we see what has been donated. If you see any great deals, let me know! We are always looking for teenage boy gift ideas (other than video games & gift cards) Some ideas are: Zippered hoodies, battery boosters for phones, ear buds, movie tickets, bowling passes, certificates for frozen yogurt, coffee, ice cream, fast food,etc., backpacks, gym bags, footballs, tabletop pool & foosball.
4. PUT A LITTLE EXTRA IN THE OUTREACH BOX: This is such a busy time of year for everyone – volunteering or digging through closets just isn’t always an option! Your generous financial donations help make all of this happen while still providing for emergency needs such as rent, utilities, etc. We couldn’t do it without you!
5. PRAY, PRAY, AND PRAY SOME MORE For the material and spiritual needs of our guests;.especially those who have no one to pray for them. Thank you, as always, for all you do to ease the burdens of our neighbors in need and to bring them so much joy as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.
God bless you!
Sign up note:
If you are not already an Outreach Volunteer, please follow the prompts to establish your volunteer account and sign in to the schedule.
We’re Almost There! – Here are some last minute re-gifting store needs for those who are interested…Feel free to pass along to others who might be looking for some Christmas volunteer or donation ideas.
Volunteers: Tweens & teens are welcome to join you. It’s a great family volunteer opportunity.
Saturday: We are short of helpers Saturday afternoon (1::15 – 5:15). Even if you can only come to clean up (from 3:15 – 5:15 – that would be a big help. If so, sign up for the 1:15 time slot & put your arrival time in the comments section.
Sign Up Here:
Donations: We could still use more items for older kids & teens (10-17). Some ideas are listed below, but you might have better ones. Drop off any time the parish center is open, or at the gym on Friday between 3 & 5. If you don’t have time to shop, financial contributions help too – we will be doing some shopping to fill in.
Thanks for all your generous donations of time, talent, gifts, and money. You are a blessing to so many people at Christmas and throughout the year. Please pray for everyone involved, that the joy of Christ’s birth is reflected in all we do, in order to shine the light of His love for our guests.
Donation Ideas for tweens & teens:
Mini Blue Tooth Speakers – $5 at Five Below
Battery Power Packs – $5 at Five Below
Axe Cologne Gift Packs – $14.99 & $19.99 at Wal-Mart
Art Supply Sets – $10.99, $14.99 & $19.99 at Wal-Mart & A.C. Moore
Board Games, playing cards
Cologne/lotion gift sets
weaving/knitting/chrochet sets – $10 – $25 at AC Moore
Artistic Design “coloring books” & colored pencils – less than $10 at AC Moore, Barnes & Noble, Wal-Mart