KIDS HELPING KIDS-5K April 18th
St. Clement’s annual Social Justice Project for our children and teens will be held on Saturday, April 18 at 10 a.m. at East Side Rec Field. We will walk 5k with the support of their sponsors to raise money for the SNACPack Program and the mission of the Blessed Sarnelli Community in Philadelphia.
YOUR HELP is NEEDED for the 5K WALK on Saturday APRIL 18, 2015 morning:
1. One Golf Cart to borrow for the day of 5K walk.
2. Set up- lifting and moving job
3. Registration workers- seated job
4. Registration “runner”- standing walking job
5. Crossing Guards- standing job.
6. Water table worker- seated or standing job
7. Pick up food for lunch- driving and carrying job
8. Set up Food table – standing job
9. Serve at Food table- standing job
10. Take Down at end of 5K event- all types.
Contact Fran Fay to volunteer to help for the Kids Helping Kids 5k Walk on the morning of Saturday April 18. E-mail: Fay.firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel.: 587-3611 Ext. 29
The “SNACPack Program” a St. Clement’s program that provides children right here in Saratoga Springs a backpack filled with food to take home for the weekend.
The Blessed Sarnelli Community in Philadelphia serves the needy of the Kensington neighborhood in North Philadelphia. They need a kitchen that can accommodate the fast increasing numbers of hungry people they serve. Several teens from St. Clement’s spent their winter break helping the Blessed Sarnelli Community with their mission as they worked in shifts. The tiny kitchen could accommodate only 3 people doing food preparation at a time.