Confirmation for high school teens at St. Clement’s is a two-year process. The Confirmation Preparation Program uses the YDisciple and Decision Point programs as the foundation for its teachings. Please click those links to view their websites.
By participating in regular sessions, confirmation candidates will be involved in seminars, small group processing, action events, a Confirmation retreat experience and Christian service. They will be stepping out of the classroom to begin the journey of living their Catholic faith.
Confirmation is parish-centered
Youth who attend a Catholic high school are prepared for the Sacrament of Confirmation at their parish not in their high school religion classes. Because parishioners at St. Clement’s Parish come from a large geographic area, the teens attend high school in many various schools – both private and public. This allows St. Clement’s confirmation candidates to form communal bonds as brothers and sisters in the Lord as they prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation. All teens are expected to participate in the two years of Confirmation preparation at St. Clement’s Parish.
In order to approach the Church for the Sacrament of Confirmation, diocesan policy requires that a candidate be baptized, in at least 10th grade, and not younger than 15 years of age.
At St. Clement’s we confirm candidates who are in the 10th grades; proof of baptism is necessary prior to attending confirmation sessions.
- It is expected that all candidates attend weekend Mass on a regular basis.
- Each candidate will participate in the Confirmation Retreat prior to Confirmation:The Confirmation Retreat for 9th & 10th graders, will be held on Saturday, February 2, 2019 at Christ the King, Greenwich, NY
- Retreat registration forms were emailed to parents January 10th. Please return registration forms ASAP.
- Any questions or concerns please contact Randy Rivers by email here
- Teens currently attending a public high school or being home-schooled are encouraged to be active in a parish faith formation process prior to coming forward for Confirmation preparation.
- If a candidate is absent for more than 20% of the preparation sessions in Level I or Level II the candidate and a parent will be asked to meet with the process director to evaluate his/her candidacy for Confirmation at this time.
- A more detailed explanation of the confirmation process will be available at the orientation.
Download Sponsor Form & Info.
A sponsor is chosen by the candidate early in the first year of Confirmation preparation. The sponsor is a person of the Catholic faith, who will accompany the candidate on his/her spiritual journey in the Catholic faith.
We encourage the sponsor to be participate in the formation of their Confirmandae. The following link allows the sponsor to receive the video catechesis content direct from Decision Point as their confirmandae prepares for the Sacrament. Decision Point Confirmation Link
The Confirmation sponsor must be a (1) confirmed Catholic in good standing who is (2) able to receive Holy Communion without impediment, (3) and is at least 16 years of age. (4) The sponsor must Not be the candidate’s parent.
Because our process involves active reflection between the sponsor and the sponsor should be comfortable sharing and talking about spiritual matters and have the time to keep in regular contact with the candidate.
If you have further questions about the role of sponsor please contact us.
Confirmation Core Prep Team
The Confirmation Core Team for our high school youth in the parish volunteer their time, and commit themselves to walking the Christian path as a living example of the teachings of Christ. This ministry often requires not only a commitment of time each week, but also a commitment of love and dedication to teaching our faith to the young people of our community.
It is important for the youth of our parish to not only have the support of their parents in their spiritual growth, but to also have good examples of adults who put their faith into practice every day. Our Core Team answers this call every week by preparing lessons and relevant materials for the teens to lead them closer to Christ.
To explore volunteering for this ministry, and training for it, call Randy Rivers at the parish offices.